Our FHA loans in CT, MA, and beyond lift up families.
Depending on your financial situation and standing, you could qualify for a Federal Housing Administration (FHA) loan from United Bank that provides the financing you need to get the home you want for your family. These loans feature lower down payments and are insured by the federal government.*
FHA Loan Overview
What is an FHA loan?
- FHA loans are insured by the federal government to provide homeownership opportunities to low- and moderate-income families
- Choose from various terms with fixed or adjustable rates
- FHA loans feature lower down payments than conventional mortgages
- United Bank’s mortgage experts will be with you every step of the process
An FHA loan is a mortgage that is backed by the U.S. Federal Housing Administration.
How do I quality for an FHA loan?
One of the biggest advantages of an FHA loan is its qualification requirements, which appeal to many first-time homebuyers and people who have more challenging credit histories. Some of the qualifications to receive an FHA loan include:
- A minimum down payment, which may be as little as 3.5% of the purchase price, depending on your credit score. The down payment may come from your savings, a gift from a relative, or a government program.
- Verifiable income
- Steady employment history
- The loan must be used for a primary residence
- Property must meet HUD guidelines and be appraised by an FHA-approved home appraiser
Please contact United Bank for complete information about FHA loan qualification requirements.
Benefits of an FHA loan
Thanks to less stringent credit score requirements than conventional mortgages, FHA loans increase home ownership opportunities for people who may have little to no credit history or who have less than perfect credit scores. Down payment requirements are also significantly lower. Unlike conventional mortgages which typically require a 5-10% down payment, you may qualify for an FHA loan for as little as 3.5% down.
What is the maximum amount you can borrow with an FHA loan?
The FHA loan amount limit varies by your location.
Ready to see if an FHA loan is a good option for your path to home ownership? Apply online now or stop by a United Bank branch today!
*Subject to credit approval.